Doha of the day
This is not the age for showing miracles, which would be of no direct benefit
to the people in general.
But if the physical and mental ills of men could be removed through meditation,
it should be something for one to ponder.
Make A Donation
Vayadhammā sañkhārā, Appamādena sampādetha.
''All conditioned things are transitory. That which is created will be destroyed. (Practicing Vipassana meditation) Experience this truth yourself (within yourself) by being mindful.''
Demise of Padma Bhushan Global Vipassana Acharya Shri Satya Narayan Goenka
Param Pujya Shri Satya Narayan Goenka, Global Acharya of Vipassana Meditation, has passed away peacefully at the ripe age of 90 at his residence on Sunday, 29th September, 2013 at 10:40 PM.
No Entry Fee
Days and Timings
Reaching The Global Vipassana Pagoda
- Coming from Mumbai City / Domestic Airport / International Airport / Railway Stations in Mumbai
- Travelling by Road from Thane / Nashik / Igatpuri / Pune / Navi Mumbai
- Reaching By Public Transport from Mumbai City
- Hotels nearby
Concept & Planning
The center of the Global Vipassana Pagoda contains the world's largest stone dome built without any supporting pillars.
Vipassana info on Twitter Now!
Join Official Vipassana Meditation Channels Today on 4 Social Media:
This will feature the latest update about Vipassana Meditation, News about New Centres, Videos & Photos of Pujya Guruji, Announcements about Mega Course and more
7 Wonders of Maharashtra
The Global Vipassana Pagoda is declared as one of the "Seven Wonders of Maharashtra" by Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC) in partnership with ABP Majha, a Marathi news channel; after they reviewed 350 destinations.The results of this selection were declared on 6th June 2013. You must visit Global Vipassana Pagoda to witness the developments and its unique nature for getting selected as one of the seven wonders of the state.
10 Minutes Anapana Meditation for Visitors
A rare opportunity to learn Anapana Meditation in 10 minutes – near the
Buddha’s relics at Global Vipassana Pagoda's North Pagoda (Opposite Visitor's Gallery)
Timings 10.00 am to 6.00 pm continuously.
No fees is charged to attend these courses. anyone who is fit and
above 10 years of age can participate.
All participants must sit continuously and follow the audio
instructions for 10 minutes without leaving the meditation hall.
They should observe complete silence and should switch off their
mobiles during the course.
Dos & Donts
- Visitors will not be allowed to carry or consume any intoxicants or alcoholic drinks within the pagoda premises. (This will also include cigarettes, bidees, pan, mawa, pan-masala or chewing tobacco)
- Visitors who wish to attend the Mini-Anapana course will have to be seated inside the Pagoda for complete duration of the course, i.e. 20 minutes.
- Male and Female visitors attending the Mini-Anapana course will be seated inside the pagoda, in separate areas specially designated for them.
- Visitors who wish to attend Mini-Anapana course will have to maintain complete silence while they are inside the pagoda main dome.
- The Mini-Anapana course will be conducted through recorded instructions in Shri S N Goenka Ji’s voice. Visitors are instructed to follow every instruction carefully.
- During the Mini-Anapana course, visitors will have to concentrate on their natural breath. Do not chant any word or mantra during the meditation. Similarly do not imagine any form or figure during the meditation.
- Mobiles should be switched off during the session.
- Visitors are prohibited from taking any photographs or video shooting while they are inside the Pagoda Main Dome or the Visitors' gallery. If they so wish they can take pictures outside the Pagoda Main Dome or any other place in the pagoda premises.
- Every Visitor should take care that his or her personal conduct within the pagoda premises should not disturb or cause any inconvenience to other visitors or meditators.
Padma Bhushan Award
Respected Shri SN Goenkaji has been conferred the Padma Bhushan Award by the President of India.
The Padma Bhushan has been awarded for distinguished service of high order in social work. The award was announced on the occasion of Republic Day 2012
It will be conferred by the President of India at a function to be held at Rashtrapati Bhawan sometime around March/April 2012.
|Senior executives discuss how the practice of Vipassana meditation enables them be more efficient||This journal commemorates Sayagyi's exemplary life, his teachings, discourses etc
|Doing Time, Doing Vipassana is an English documentary film on the adoption of Vipassana in Indian prisons. Duration: 53mins|| Condensed from three day public talks of S.N. Goenka explaining the true meaning of Dhamma(Dharma in Sanskrit)
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|