10 Minutes Anapana Meditation for Visitors
A rare opportunity to learn Anapana Meditation in 10 minutes – near the
Buddha’s relics at Global Vipassana Pagoda's North Pagoda (Opposite Visitor's Gallery)
Timings 10.00 am to 6.00 pm continuously.
No fees is charged to attend these courses. anyone who is fit and
above 10 years of age can participate.
All participants must sit continuously and follow the audio
instructions for 10 minutes without leaving the meditation hall.
They should observe complete silence and should switch off their
mobiles during the course.
Dos & Donts
- Visitors will not be allowed to carry or consume any intoxicants or alcoholic drinks within the pagoda premises. (This will also include cigarettes, bidees, pan, mawa, pan-masala or chewing tobacco)
- Visitors who wish to attend the Mini-Anapana course will have to be seated inside the Pagoda for complete duration of the course, i.e. 20 minutes.
- Male and Female visitors attending the Mini-Anapana course will be seated inside the pagoda, in separate areas specially designated for them.
- Visitors who wish to attend Mini-Anapana course will have to maintain complete silence while they are inside the pagoda main dome.
- The Mini-Anapana course will be conducted through recorded instructions in Shri S N Goenka Ji’s voice. Visitors are instructed to follow every instruction carefully.
- During the Mini-Anapana course, visitors will have to concentrate on their natural breath. Do not chant any word or mantra during the meditation. Similarly do not imagine any form or figure during the meditation.
- Mobiles should be switched off during the session.
- Visitors are prohibited from taking any photographs or video shooting while they are inside the Pagoda Main Dome or the Visitors' gallery. If they so wish they can take pictures outside the Pagoda Main Dome or any other place in the pagoda premises.
- Every Visitor should take care that his or her personal conduct within the pagoda premises should not disturb or cause any inconvenience to other visitors or meditators.